Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Genesis of Shifrah Womens Health blog


Leanne Chapman (nee Wynne)

Diploma of Applied Science (Nursing)

Certificate of Midwifery

Certificate of Sexual and Reproductive Health

Master of Nursing Science (Nurse Practitioner)

Graduate Certificate in Continence Promotion and Management

Graduate Diploma of Counselling


I am a midwife, women's health nurse and counsellor in private practice.

My private practice: Shifrah Womens Health offers a comprehensive range of services for women from puberty to menopause and beyond.
"Your Birth – Your Choice"

I believe that every woman has her own unique personality, needs and life experiences. My role is to facilitate the best birth possible for each woman therefore I offer care that is tailored to each individual woman’s wishes.

As I have observed women in labour and birth I have come to realize the incalculable influence of the mind over the birthing process and the disabling effect of fear. I therefore focus on the ‘faith or fear effect when teaching women and their partners about childbirth. I attempt to instil in women the belief that their bodies are designed to birth and that pregnancy and birth is a normal physiological process.
I believe that pregnancy and birth encompasses physical, emotional and spiritual aspects and any dysfunction will become evident – repressed childhood pain can be triggered, relationship issues may be exposed and depression may result. I have also found that a beautiful normal birth has the power to heal. It is my calling to facilitate the normal process.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. mdma online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post and the insight into your past.

    ACLS Certification

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an insightful and thought-provoking blog post! I truly enjoyed reading your perspective on this topic. Your writing style is engaging and your points are well-articulated. It's clear that you've put a lot of effort into researching and presenting your ideas.

    Laparoscopic Gynaecology

    ReplyDelete